Malai Tikka Kebab is a popular appetizer from the Indian cuisine that is perfect for any occasion. This grilled dish is made by marinating boneless chicken pieces in a creamy and spicy mixture, which gives it a delicious flavor and a tender texture.
- 500 grams boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup thick yogurt
- 1 cup fresh cream (malai)
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Wooden skewers
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, fresh cream, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, lemon juice, and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients well until the marinade is smooth and creamy.
- Add the chicken pieces to the marinade, and mix until each piece is coated with the mixture.
- Cover the bowl with a cling film or lid and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to blend well.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers, leaving a little space between each piece.
- Grill the chicken skewers for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through and slightly charred.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the skewers from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the Malai Tikka Kebab hot, garnished with some fresh coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
Enjoy this delicious and creamy Malai Tikka Kebab with your friends and family as an appetizer or a party snack!