Keema Samosa are a popular snack in Pakistan and Indian cuisine. These crispy, triangular-shaped pockets of pastry are filled with spiced ground meat, peas, and potatoes. They are perfect for any occasion and can be served as an appetizer or snack. Here is a simple recipe to make Keema Samosas at home.
For the dough:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- Water as required
For the filling:
- 1/2 lb ground lamb or beef
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 medium potato, boiled and mashed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, salt, and oil. Mix well.
- Add water as required to make a smooth dough. Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add finely chopped onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add ground meat and cook until it is browned.
- Add peas, boiled and mashed potatoes, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into a thin sheet and cut it into triangles.
- Take a triangle and form a cone with it. Fill the cone with the keema mixture and seal the top.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add the samosas to the pan.
- Fry the samosas on medium heat until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Drain them on a paper towel.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Keema Samosa are ready to be served. Enjoy this delicious twist on a classic snack with your family and friends. It is perfect for any occasion and is sure to be a hit.