Gobi Manchurian is a popular Indo-Chinese dish that has gained a lot of popularity in recent years. It is made with crispy fried cauliflower florets that are tossed in a flavorful sauce made with soy sauce, chili sauce, and other spices. This dish is a perfect appetizer or snack and is loved by both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Here is a simple recipe to make Gobi Manchurian at home.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- Water as required
- Cauliflower florets
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium capsicum, chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp red chili sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 1/4 cup water
- Spring onions for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, corn flour, salt, red chili powder, and ginger-garlic paste. Mix well.
- Add water as required to make a smooth batter. The consistency of the batter should be such that it coats the cauliflower florets.
- Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter and fry them until they are crispy and golden brown. Drain them on a paper towel.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add finely chopped garlic and ginger and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and capsicum and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, tomato ketchup, red chili sauce, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Add water and let it come to a boil.
- Add cornflour mixed with water and stir continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Add the fried cauliflower florets and mix well with the sauce.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
Gobi Manchurian is ready to be served. Enjoy this delicious Indo-Chinese dish as an appetizer or snack. It is sure to impress your family and friends.