Chicken Seekh Kebab is a popular Pakistan and Indian dish that is loved for its spicy, flavorful taste and tender texture. These kebabs are made by marinating minced chicken with aromatic spices and herbs, then skewering them and grilling or baking until cooked through. Here’s how to make Chicken Seekh Kebab at home.
- 500 grams boneless chicken, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- In a large bowl, mix together the minced chicken, chopped onion, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilies, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chili powder, and salt.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice, and vegetable oil to the bowl. Mix well and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill or oven to 200°C.
- Divide the chicken mixture into equal portions and shape them into long, cylindrical kebabs.
- Thread the kebabs onto the soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill or bake the kebabs for 10-15 minutes, turning them occasionally, until they are cooked through and browned on all sides.
- Serve the Chicken Seekh Kebabs hot with mint chutney, sliced onions, and lemon wedges.
Chicken Seekh Kebab is a delicious and flavorful appetizer that is perfect for any occasion. Try making these mouth-watering kebabs at home and impress your friends and family with your culinary skills!