Chicken nuggets are a beloved fast food staple that are loved by both children and adults alike. However, you don’t need to rely on the drive-thru to get your fix of crispy and delicious chicken nuggets. Making homemade chicken nuggets is easy and much healthier than store-bought versions. Here’s how to make this at home.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- In a third bowl, add the bread crumbs.
- Dip each chicken piece into the flour mixture, then into the egg mixture, and finally into the bread crumbs, making sure to coat each piece well.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the chicken nuggets from the pan and place them on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Transfer the chicken nuggets to a baking sheet and place them in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Making homemade chicken nuggets is a great way to enjoy a classic fast food treat in a healthier and more budget-friendly way. This easy recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or as a fun snack for a family movie night. Try making your own this at home and enjoy the delicious, crispy goodness!