Chicken Boti is a popular appetizer from the Pakistani cuisine that is perfect for any occasion. It’s a grilled chicken recipe that’s made by marinating boneless chicken pieces in a blend of spices and yogurt, giving it a tender and juicy texture. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make Chicken Boti at home.
- 1 kg boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup oil
- Wooden skewers
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt, lemon juice, and oil.
- Mix all the ingredients well until the marinade is smooth and creamy.
- Add the chicken pieces to the marinade, and mix until each piece is coated with the mixture.
- Cover the bowl with a cling film or lid and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to blend well.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers, leaving a little space between each piece.
- Grill the chicken skewers for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through and slightly charred.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the skewers from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the Chicken Boti hot, garnished with some fresh coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
Chicken Boti is a great dish to serve at BBQ parties, family gatherings, or any other occasion. With this easy recipe, you can make this delicious dish at home and impress your friends and family with your culinary skills.