Popular Indian appetiser Chicken 65 is renowned for its spicy and crunchy flavour. For gatherings, game evenings, or as a snack to sate your cravings, this dish is ideal. You can prepare this delicious dish at home using this simple recipe.
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Curry leaves
- Lemon wedges
- Onion rings
- In a bowl, mix together the ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and salt to taste.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and mix well, making sure that the chicken is fully coated with the spices.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cornflour, all-purpose flour, rice flour, and a pinch of salt.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl.
- Dip each chicken piece in the beaten egg, then coat it in the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces and fry until they are golden brown and crispy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the pan and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to remove any excess oil.
- Garnish the crispy chicken 65 with curry leaves, lemon wedges, and onion rings.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Those who enjoy spicy food and are open to trying new things will appreciate this crispy chicken 65 recipe. It’s a fantastic appetiser for any event because of the crunch and spice combination. Try this dish at home to wow your visitors with your culinary prowess!