Chapli kebab is a popular dish from the Pakistani cuisine that is loved for its spicy and flavorful taste. These flat patties are made from minced meat, spices, and herbs, and are usually served with naan bread and chutney. Here’s a simple recipe to make chapli kebab at home.
- 1 lb ground beef or lamb
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, onion, cilantro, mint, and beaten egg.
- In a small skillet, toast the cumin seeds and coriander seeds until fragrant. Grind the seeds in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle.
- Add the ground spices, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, and salt to the meat mixture. Mix well.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and shape it into a flat patty, about 3 inches in diameter.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add the vegetable oil.
- Cook the chapli kebabs for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are browned and cooked through.
- Serve the chapli kebabs hot with naan bread and chutney.
Chapli kebab is a delicious and spicy dish that is perfect for any occasion. Try making these tasty kebabs at home and enjoy the flavors of Pakistan in your own kitchen.