Aloo Patties, also known as Aloo Tikki or Potato Patties, is a popular Indian snack that is loved for its crispy exterior and soft, flavorful interior. These patties are made by mashing boiled potatoes with aromatic spices and herbs, shaping them into round patties, and then shallow frying them until golden brown. Here’s how to make Aloo Patties at home.
- 4 large potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mash the boiled potatoes until there are no lumps.
- Add the chopped onion, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilies, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chili powder, and salt to the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well and add chopped coriander leaves to the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into round patties.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the patties to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the patties from the pan and place them on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Serve the Aloo Patties hot with mint chutney, tamarind chutney, or ketchup.
Try making these flavorful patties at home and enjoy them with your family and friends!